This will be my second month-long blogging challenge in less than six months, the first being NaBloPoMo from November 2013!
Considering that it will be vacation time for us , here in India, I was deliberating for a long while over whether I should take part this time. The kid will be at home, which will mean more family fun time and less actual blogging time. And I didn’t want to compromise on that.
So, I dragged my feet and then sat back and decided this wasn’t to be.
Then, in a casual chat with a blogger friend, +tulika singh , I asked her if it was worth taking up the challenge. She immediately pinged me back asking, ‘You mean YOU haven’t signed up??!! You MUST! You can do it!’
It’s a different matter that I had to chase after her much later and goad her to join the challenge, but that’s another story. 😉
Flattered as I was by all the encouragement, I was still undecided. Then, I decided to go and read up the details on A to Z. A few things caught my interest:
- I could schedule posts ahead since it was all alphabetical.
- There was no word limit, which meant freedom to decide on the topic. (Phew!)
- The theme was open to our choice. We also could choose to go without a theme! (Double Phew!)
- I could really, really expand the blogging network, which is something very close to my heart. I love the connections we make through our blogs and feel that it binds us all very close together.
We all got together and started off with the basics:
- Grab the participant badge to display on the blog.
- Work on a theme.
- Categorise and schedule posts ahead of time.
- Leave April as free as possible for blog hopping and commenting. (Believe me, you’ll need it!)
- Encourage, motivate, push the other participants.
- Decide to read, comment on and share the posts that you love!
If you are checking the above link after the 21st of March, you will need to look for that post on the blogger’s respective page.
165 total views, 3 views today