This blog has traveled a long way from the time that it began. From sporadic posts every few months to regular posts now, I look forward to the changes that are coming into effect from June.
Over the last 6 months, I have been receiving requests from various people. Some of them wanted to write guest posts on my blog. Others wanted to advertise their products. Many more wanted me to write product/ book reviews. I realised that it would be far simpler to direct them to a static page, instead of replying to individual requests by e-mail.
After a lot of delay, I finally got down to drafting my FAQ page.
These are the main points that I covered:
- Guest posting by other bloggers on my site
- Request for guest posts by me on other sites
- Product/ Book reviews to be featured on my site
- Smartphone Application reviews
- Inclusion of Promotional/ Commercial/ Sponsored posts on my site
- Purchase of Advertising space on my site
Always be ready to tweak the FAQ every couple of weeks or so, depending on the changing dynamics of your blog.
Include links to existing features (reviews/ guest posts) in the FAQ. Make sure you retain the same label for future posts, so all the data can be viewed at a single glance.
Make sure you insert a contact e-mail address for people to reach out to you quickly. Ensure that this is also available as a stand-alone ‘Contact Me‘ page.
Ultimately, your FAQ page will hinge on two things:
- What you hope to gain from the blog
- How you hope others will benefit from your content
Keep in mind that I am a blogger who does this for fun and relaxation. Your terms and conditions would be vastly different if you run a website for a business.
That being said, if you don’t have an FAQ page yet, why don’t you?
93 total views, 3 views today