Vaya Tyffyn is the latest product to hit the shelves from the home of the brand Vaya which had a grand launch party on the 19th of August, 2016 at the ITC Gardenia, Bangalore. Here, I will cover details about the launch as well as a personal review of the Vaya Tyffyn.
Product Launch party
The event itself was very wonderfully organised, I must say, right from the moment I walked into ITC Gardenia to the moment I left for home with my Vaya Tyffyn in hand.
Aniketh, my point of contact for this launch, has proved to be a wonderful person and organiser from the word ‘go’.
Always a pleasure to put a face to a name and that’s what blogger meets do, right? Connect you across networks. Met my old favourites, Vidya and Rachna, of course as well as new friends like Raksha Kamat.
The stage was set for a fun and informative session that would introduce us to the Vaya Tyffyn.
Although the launch party was running an hour late, the event itself more than made up for the delay with amazing dance performances as well as a stand-up sketch by comedian Karthik Kumar.
The presentation by the CEO of Vaya, Mr. Vasisht Vasanthakumar was on point, well packaged and covered all the key features of the Vaya Tyffyn.
Review of Vaya Tyffyn
Coming now to the review of the product itself, I’d chosen the wool design Vaya Tyffyn for myself since I knew my daughter would fall in love with the purple shade and I wasn’t wrong either.
Key features of Vaya Tyffyn
- It comes in 3 stainless steel finishes: Graphite, Maple and Wool
- The containers are copper finished with leak-proof rubber lids.
- The carrier has steel clasps.
- The box must be used in conjunction with the carry bag for it to retain heat to maximum effectiveness.
What I loved about Vaya Tyffyn
- The pre-heating process, which involves adding hot water to the boxes and then adding the food reminded me of the care that a mom takes to ensure her child has good food.
- I packed her food in the three containers provided, using one for breakfast and the other two to pack her lunch. The quantity of each (1 400 ml box and 2 300 ml boxes) was perfect for my daugher.
- I loved the leak-proof lids which lived up to their name completely!
- The sleek and snazzy bag which my daughter found extremely comfortable to carry with her to school.
- The bag which doubles up as a mat complete with cutlery pouch.
- The steel clasps on the outside of the Tyffyn that reminded me of my own childhood tiffin carriers. They are easy to clasp and unclasp, so that’s a big bonus.
- The fact that the food stayed piping hot, 3 hours after I’d packed them in the box.
What could have been better
- The food in my Vaya Tyffyn did not stay hot after 6 hours but did stay warm. I believe this may have been an issue with the piece that I was given because other users mentioned that the food remained hot even at 1 pm, when packed at 6 am.
- The weight of the Tyffyn itself is rather bulky but you don’t feel it as such if you use the carry bag.
I’d recommend Vaya as a great product worth the buy, since it ticks a lot of boxes that a person would look for in a lunch carrier: Leak-proof containers, portability, sleekness and its compact nature. I especially would like to commend Vaya for their openness to customer feedback and working actively on improvement.
* Reviews by other bloggers , Raksa Kamat and Neha Mathur, indicate that their personal experience with their Vaya Tyffyn was positive overall. Do read.
Vaya is the coming together of seasoned professionals from across the globe, driven by a visionary zeal to significantly improve people’s lives. We intend to bring an emotional component in everyday life through the concept of total user experience. Vaya Tyffyn is their first product.
You can reserve your very own Vaya Tyffyn here.