Last Updated on by
- Love is always the answer. No matter how mad I get with my son, I make sure we sort it out as quickly as possible. No silent sulking.
- Never go to bed in anger. I kiss and make up if that is the last thing I do. Children can get on our nerves…after all, they’re growing up and learning. Parents are here to understand and guide them, empathize with them.
- Never too busy to listen, within reason, whenever my son has something to share. He complements this, in turn, by understanding when I am actually busy with work.
- Make it a point to spend time together every day – sharing the day’s happenings, exercising together and having dinner together.
- No yelling, no harsh words.
- Never ever scold him or pull him up in front of anyone.
- Never compare him with others.
- No performance pressure. Instead, I focus on helping him develop good habits and in the process, learn a lot.
- Encouragement must be consistent, no matter what. Praise can be occasional.
- Always have a solid dose of humor at the ready. Seeing the funny side solves problems faster than any words or gestures can.
- Pray together every day.
P is for Parenting
The Best Blogging and Social Media Tips in your inbox